In Steph’s interview we discuss:
- How Steph came to focus her work on helping people create better boundaries
- Why it is so hard for people, especially women, to create and hold boundaries and why we often cater to other’s desires when it’s not in alignment
- How to know where we should be setting our boundaries, what is in alignment, and where lines should be drawn
- What to do if you need time to assess if a boundary needs to be set
- How to handle people who push back on boundaries that you create
- Why it is so important to hold boundaries and what we gain by doing so
- Cultural differences between men and women regarding holding boundaries and saying no
- How boundaries affect relationships, and how to hold boundaries with respect both for yourself and the other person
- If boundaries should be firm or can they be pliable
- How long it might take to move from being a people pleaser to stepping into your own power and setting better boundaries
- Some areas where moms, in particular, could hold better boundaries
Steph’s Free Gift is her free article: How to Say NO to People Who Just Won’t Listen!
A quick & easy guide on how to protect your rights when someone won’t listen. Learn how to recognize the tactics people use to distract you from setting a boundary.
In this guide you’ll receive:
- Simple approaches to deal with a difficult person
- Examples and stories that you can relate to
- 13 manipulation tactics and how to deal with each one
- Practical advice you can start using now
Steph Sterner –Inspirational Speaker, Teacher and Coach
Steph Sterner is an inspirational speaker, teacher and coach who helps people to navigate challenging relationships without sacrificing their own needs. She is the author of “No Guilt, No Games, No Drama: The 7 Keys to Smarter Boundaries“, “What About Me? The Insider’s Guide to Better Boundaries” (affiliate links) and other books about setting boundaries gracefully with the people who matter most. If you’d like to connect more personally, you can join her private Facebook group, Boundaries and Bridges.
She has a gift for seeing beneath the surface, recognizing the patterns we get stuck in every day – and explaining them in ways we can all understand. Her goal is to help you see what’s really going on – so that you can do what’s best for you.
Steph has spent her life challenging the status quo. She encourages us to live according to our highest values – in other words, to be true to ourselves