In Katie’s interview we discuss:
- How and why Katie decided to focus her coaching practice around a Spiritual, Sexy, and Sane approach to health & wellness
- What intuitive eating is and what it looks like for Katie
- The transition for her from eating according to diet rules to eating intuitively
- How to tune into your body and figure out what to eat and what not to eat
- A good starting place for intuitive eating
- Emotional eating and how that interplays with intuitive eating
- Understanding how intuitive eating will change day to day, week to week, month to month, and year to year as our bodies change
- How Katie makes intuitive eating work with feeding her whole family
- The upsides of letting your kids eat intuitively
- If eating intuitively means you can never eat anything “fun” or if you can eat all the things whenever the mood strikes
- Katie’s recommendations on how to approach and eat “treats”
- Why quick fixes like diets and detoxes don’t work
- Katie’s tips for those who have had a challenging relationship with their body and/or food
- How to become more present in your body to be able to listen to its wisdom
Katie’s Free Gift is her guide: 10 Ways to Deepen Your Spiritual Connection!
Katie’s top 10 ways to deepen your spiritual practice and amp up your spiritual connection! Including her favorite books, podcasts, tips and actual tools to get your spiritual skin-back in the game!
Katie Garces –Nurse Practitioner and Certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner
Katie Garces is a Nurse Practitioner and Certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner blending her professional background in traditional healthcare, wellness and nutrition with her passion for the healing power of spiritual wholeness for women and men across the country.
Katie examines how our spiritual and emotional barriers have a direct effect on our relationship with our bodies.
Her coaching and online programs utilize concepts of Intuitive Eating, Intermittent Fasting and Real Food while working to achieve a “Grown Up” and empowered approach to life balance, so her clients will live lives that feel Sexy, Spiritual & Sane™.
Katie also founded the wildly popular, Denver-based Beyond Book Club™, and has served as a coach and mentor to new nutritionists and nutrition students with her Enterprising Nutritionist™ program. She leads workshops and retreats and has participated in Master Classes with international speaker, Gabby Bernstein and host of The Quote of the Day Show, Sean Croxton.
Katie’s blog was listed as the 2017 Top 10 Health Blogs to Watch in the Huffington Post. Her work has been published in Elephant Journal, PALEO and Westword magazines and her recipes have been published in PALEO Magazine’s Holiday and Summer cookbooks.
The start of 2019 brings a sabbatical year for Katie as well as the start of a graduate program at the Denver Seminary, with a focus on Spiritual Formation. Through it all, she remains focused on living, and sharing, the Sexy, Spiritual & Sane lifestyle.
Katie currently resides in Denver, Colorado with her husband, twin boys and Piper, the puppy.