In Casey’s interview we discuss:
- How positive discipline differs from more traditional ways of parenting and how it might illuminate the “work” that we need to do in this lifetime
- What Casey means when she says “Parenting is not about them, it’s about us.”
- Casey shares some of the things she learned about herself through her children
- If Casey thinks all parenting challenges have something for the parent to learn in it
- Carrie shares the parenting challenge she has with her daughter and we dig into the lesson in it for me as the parent
- What to do about a strong willed child who feels less than because there is so much struggle with them
- Helping your kids self-regulate more
- Casey helps Carrie figure out the lesson for herself in the challenging parenting situation with her daughter which leads to a big lightbulb moment for Carrie!
- Examining the areas where your kids stretch you into
- A little about Casey’s new book: Joyful Courage: Calming the Drama and Taking Control of Your Parenting Journey (affiliate link)
Casey’s Free Gift is her Journey to Joy e-Course!
Journey to Joy is a 3 part offer: Each Module contains a video, audio and workbook to guide you in doing your work.
You will go from awareness to choice to action…
* You will increase your awareness around the areas you are stuck (you know, the irritation that never seems to go away… the exhaustion, the guilt and shame that shows up so often after you have “dealt with” the challenges your kids bring on a regular basis.
* You will spend time exploring new choices, new ways of being… Inviting in the qualities that are missing. Love, compassion, self acceptance and non-judgement… You will learn how to open up your body and allow these emotions in.
* You will create a practice for teaching your body and mind a NEW pattern, making this new way of being more readily available when you need it.
Shifting the dynamics in your being, will shift the dynamics in your home.
Casey O’Roarty – Positive Discipline Coach, Joyful Courage
Casey O’Roarty is a mom of 2, a Positive Discipline Trainer, parent coach and the host of the Joyful Courage Podcast. Her vision is for all of the people in the world to come from a place of love and abundance, and in doing so, create a more loving and abundant world.