A free online event
May 6-10, 2019
#momlife not turning out how you expected?
Let’s be honest, being a mom today is really hard. We have to juggle a lot more than our moms did along with a whole heap of judgement on top of it. Everyone has an opinion of what we should and shouldn’t be doing with our kids and we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to live (or pretend we live) the Instagram ready, Pinterest perfect lives that everyone expects that we “should” be living as a modern mom.
The reality is that it’s like groundhog day: you need coffee to get started on your massive to do list and wine to wind down because the kids drove you nuts yet again and you zone out in front of TV or social media after the kids are in bed because your brain can’t handle much more than that. Rinse, repeat.
But is that in alignment with your True You and what you really want for mom life?
Your days go by in a blur and your mind is constantly chattering – not only with the mental load and to-do list that comes along with motherhood but all of those other nagging thoughts in the back of your mind:
- I’m so frustrated that I can’t “trust my gut” as it relates to parenting. I read all of these articles about parenting and feel like I’m doing it all wrong.
- Are my children are there to do nothing but try my patience and make me crazy?
- Why am I always yelling at my children? Why can’t I parent from a more calm space?
- I’m so burnt out doing everything for everyone else and I don’t even have time to go to the bathroom alone let alone time real time to myself.
- My house is such a mess and I can’t think straight because of all of the clutter.
- Why do all of my mom friends have it all figured out and I’m such a hot mess?
- I know I’m meant for more… but what?
- I really don’t want to volunteer for the PTA, but I can’t say no.
- I try to keep my home in order, make all my family’s meals at home, my kids to be well behaved exceptional students, and to be on top of everything at work and the stress of trying to keep all of these balls in the air is stressing me out and I feel so guilty about not being able to do it all!
- I’m so discontent with how my life is turning out, but I don’t feel like there’s much I can do about it.
- Why can’t I just let go of obsessing about my health/my kids/my weight (insert worry here)?
- What is my truth? What does my soul want for me?
- The latest diet fad is making me miserable. I don’t know what to eat!
- I’m so uncomfortable in my body and I know I should be exercising but I just can’t find the time.
- I feel physically miserable all of the time and I’m doing all the things to feel better and nothing is helping.
- I am overrun with guilt about all the things that I’m failing at as a mom: I’m not there enough for my kids and I’m not crushing it at work either; my house is a mess, we eat out all the time, I’ve really let myself go physically, and I feel like all I’m doing is yelling at my kids because they aren’t listening.
I don’t even know who am I anymore. I’ve lost myself in motherhood.
When was the last time you did something just for you?
In the True You Summit you will learn:
- The four doors of intuition and how to use these different inputs to develop your intuition around parenting so you can trust your gut instincts
- What your children are there to teach you through their misbehavior (and no, their goal is not to annoy you) and what you can learn about yourself through parenting
- Tools to help you parent from a space of calm centeredness instead of yelling all the time
- Why putting yourself first is not selfish and is actually a great thing for your whole family and how to actually do it when you can barely go to the bathroom alone
- How clutter is affecting your true you and tips for getting started decluttering
- Why you should stop comparing yourself to others and how to get over mom guilt about all the things
- How to find your purpose and why it’s important for you to pursue it
- Healthy boundary setting around your time and how people treat you and your children
- Letting go of perfectionism and learn to be good with “good enough”
- The purpose of divine discontent and what to do about it
- How to surrender and really let go of trying to control all the things, especially those things you’re constantly spending time and energy worrying about
- Tools for uncovering your true you and how to connect to your spirit
- Why you might consider ditching regimented diets and how to eat more intuitively
- How to make peace with your body and find an exercise program that works for you and your busy mom schedule
- Why healing is more than the physical and mind/body tools for healing your body and your spirit
- And much, much more!
Join us and get reconnected to your True You and get the tools you need to live a happier, more fulfilled, and more joyful #momlife
In a nutshell, The True You Summit’s goal is to give you the tools and resources you need to live a life in alignment with what your body, mind, and soul desires; to help you uncover and achieve what you really want out of life, remove obstacles that keep you stuck in unfulfilling circumstances, and create time to pursue your passions and things that bring you joy above and beyond your role as a mother.
OUR PANEL OF EXPERTS
The True You Summit Featured Speakers
MAY 6, 2019
True You Parenting explores all the areas in which we can learn to parent from our true self and be the parent we want to be, as well as learn and grow ourselves through parenting our children.
Marcilie Smith Boyle
Positive Discipline & Life Coach, Working Parenting
Developing your parenting intuition
Positive Discipline Coach, Joyful Courage
How parenting our children help us grow as people and into our true selves
Energy Healer and Parent Coach, Spiritually Aware Parenting
How to connect to your inner wisdom and parent from a space of calm centeredness
MAY 7, 2019
True You Mom Life dives into the areas of being your true self that come along with being a mom. The mom guilt, the clutter, the comparisions, and why you should put yourself first to get to your true you.
Mindset and Business Coach, Author, and Speaker
Why putting yourself first is important to
Organizational Strategist, Nest Happy
How clutter affects our true you and tips for getting started decluttering
Certified Life Purpose Coach
How to ditch mom guilt and stop comparing yourself to have a happier, more joy-filled mom life
MAY 8, 2019
True You Authenticity is all about living in alignment with your true self. Finding your purpose and pursuing it, setting boundaries to keep you on your true path, and knowing you are perfect exactly as you are.
Life Coach, Growing Confident Moms
Finding your purpose and why it’s important to pursue it
Inspirational Speaker, Teacher and Coach
How to stop the people pleasing and learn to set and hold healthy boundaries
Kim Foster Carlson
Broadcast Journalist & Author
How perfectionism keeps you from being your true you
MAY 9, 2019
True You Spirit helps remove the obstacles that are in the way of us connecting to our divine self and what God, Jesus, the universe (or whatever you want to call it) and your soul truly wants for you while you’re on this planet.
CEO & Spiritual Director, Bodhi Chicago
How discontent can serve our higher good and what to do about it
Therapist, Coach & Author - Mind Body Complete
Surrender and how it gets you closer to your true you
Shaman & Intuitive Coach
Spiritual healing and how to uncover our true selves
MAY 10, 2019
True You Mind & Body explores food, exercise, and the mind/body connection to health and wellness and how to connect to your intuition for guidance on taking care of your body the way it was meant to be cared for.
Nurse Practitioner and Certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner
Intuitive Eating and how to be Spiritual, Sexy & Sane
Health & Fitness Coach
Building a healthy relationship with your body and finding the right exercise for you and your busy schedule
Mind-Body Coach, Holistic Nutritionist and Spiritual/Intuitive Mentor
The seven core issues at the root of health, body, and food challenges and mind/body approaches to healing
Plus, get these free gifts just for registering!
- 3 Keys to Authentic Success as a parent and professional webinar, courtesy of Marcilie Smith Boyle
- Journey to Joy e-Course, courtesy of Casey O’Roarty
- Two Spiritually Aware Exercises (one for you and one for your kids!), courtesy of Christina Fletcher
- A High Vibe Life Workbook, courtesy of Sunit Suchdev
- 10 Simple Hacks To Get Your Family Organized e-book, courtesy of Sarah Hembree
- Emergency Shot of Joy – Top Ten Affirmations to Rescue You from Mama Overwhelm, courtesy of Angie Martin
- Discover Your Purpose e-mail training series, courtesy of Sarah Talbert
- How to Say NO to People Who Just Won’t Listen e-book, courtesy of Steph Sterner
- How to Save Your Own Life e-book, courtesy of Lola Wright
- Manifesting Abundance Meditation, courtesy of Shannon Jamail
- 10 Ways to Deepen Your Spiritual Connection Guide, courtesy of Katie Garces
- Bell Blaster Kettelbell Workout, courtesy of Allison Tenney
- 5 Ways to Overcome Your Food Cravings e-book, courtesy of Faith Shevlin
About Carrie Rubin, True You Summit Host and Founder of The Modern Mom Society
Hi there! I’m Carrie – I’m a wife and mother of two kids, an 8 year old daughter and 6 year old son living on the west side of the city of Chicago. The Modern Mom Society Podcast and blog has been the side project from my full time job that I have been working on over the last two plus years.
I truly believe it is my life calling to work with moms to have a happier, more fulfilled, more joy filled life, and I am so excited to have put together this event for you.
Finding my true self has been an integral part of my journey, in all five areas that we will be discussing here in the summit, and if you join me and these amazing experts for this event you’ll hear a little more about my “why” and what I’ve learned in my journey.
I hope you are able to connect with your true self through the tools and information we will share in this summit – it truly is life changing!